Tattoo Aftercare For your New Tattoo
So you need to read the things explained to you on this page and GET IT DONE If you care and want to get the best results. With this said, here is my second and more recommended tip for you.
THE PRODUCTS you use (SOAP AND OINTMENT) are not so crucial as THE WAY YOU USE THEM.
That means that because you use the best cream or soap out there, your tattoo will not heal well by these products’ magic. THE WAY you use these products is what really will help your tattoo heal properly. How GOOD IS CLEANED after you use the soap and HOW MUCH OINTMENT you APPLY to? It is what will make the difference in your tattoo healing process!
- Always wash your hands before touch your tattoo.
- Leave the bandage on for 3 or 4 hours, or you can also leave it overnight.
- Remove the bandage after 3 or 4 hours or in the morning if you leave it overnight.
- Wash your tattoo with mild soap and water.
- Rinse it with plenty of water to make sure all soap is gone.
- Dry it by using a paper towel and leave to dry a few minutes in the air.
- Apply a skinny layer of ointment to your tattoo and massage it entirely into the skin 3 to 4 times a day for the first three days.
- Remove any excess of ointment by dabbing off with the palm of your hand, cleaning your hand with a paper towel, and repeating until your skin doesn’t have any shiny or excess of ointment.
- DO NOT re-bandage your tattoo (if your veteran tattoo person, you can do what you know works well for you)!
- DO NOT pick or scratch your tattoo.
- DO NOT soak your tattoo in water, use hot tubs, pools, sauna, or swim in the sea for two weeks.
- DO NOT get any direct sunlight on your tattoo for at least two weeks.
FAILING TO FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS CAN AFFECT YOUR HEALING TIME AND PREVENT IT FROM LOOKING ITS BEST.
If you want more specifics details or have any doubts, please read down below, or you can also contact us at the form at the bottom of this page.
No matter how talented the tattoo artist is, your tattoo’s final appearance has a lot to do with your tattoo aftercare.
There are so many different opinions and thoughts about how to care for tattoos. These are just what we have noticed to work best for our clients, but if you are an “advance veteran” when it comes to tattoos, we recommend you stick to what you know helps your body heal best, DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!!!!
A tattoo typically takes around two weeks to heal, depending on the client, for example, I have seen some people skin fully recovered by the 6th day, and another person that takes nearly a month to heal fully.
Remember is an open wound, and you need to treat it as such. That means always washing your hands before applying anything to it and making sure you don’t expose it to unnecessary dirt and grime. With that said, here are the specifics you should keep in mind on how to take care of your new ink.
General Tattoo Care For The First Weeks
Thank you for taking the time to read how to heal and take care of your new ink. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us ASAP on the form down below!